Thursday, August 31, 2006

things on pen's mind

1. What I would do if mendacious ever followed through for real on her threat to make IVY comatose for a week or whatever. I mean, go on with my ordinary, worry-filled life, sure, but what hobby would I pick up to make up for time spent a) blogging b) thinking about blogging and c) checking our IVY spies by location?

2. The Tropical Storm Sucknesto, currently creeping through town. It's not very windy yet. There's a lot of water in the sky and on the streets. Sometimes I still worry that we should have flood insurance, but as J.Lo pointed out, the water would have to be at least 7 feet high for us to even start worrying about it, and seeing as we're not like a certain city constructed below sea level, and don't have to worry about any levees bursting, I think I'll just continue fighting The Fear-Mongering Capitalism Machine and stick with our regular homeowner's policy. Anyway, the storm matches my mood. Still hoping the power won't go out, and still planning on crashing Grace Street if this becomes the case.

3. How I'm just not going to miss Angela and her fugly rosettes on Project Runway, although it was sort of depressing to see her sent home after spending literally, what, an hour in Paris? Ugggh, we don't want you and your heedious hobo outfeet een our country...

4. Checking off my worry list from the other day. So far I have: found a slipcover I used to use on a different couch to make the one in need look pretty; created an arrangement of slate and river rocks to use instead of buying a giant bowl for the giant candle; and did buy kitchen curtains, but for a fantastic price. Also, utilized insider knowledge of Customer Service Protocol to get 75% of overdraft fees refunded. (Would have been 100%, but due to Mortification Factor, did not warn J.Lo in time of debacle. Though I do hope the $32.34 Egg McMuffin was tasty.) Haven't called the dentist, but plan to...sometime soon. And as far as teaching K.Lo everything she needs to know, I suppose I'll have to go with my old fallback of taking one day at a time. Seems overly rational, but you know.

5. How the sleepy town of Hillsborough, NC, could have this going on. I mean, I don't even want to go there in my mind, really. But, why can't we start locking up the Crazy People before they wreak havoc on society, like they used to in the Good Old Days? Note to self: research stats on how many people today are legitimately insane. Also: hope I'm not one of those people and just don't realize it.

2 comments:

mendacious said...

well if you don't ever realize it i think you'll be fine. remeber when poor 'jo on that lifetime movie had adult onset of schizophrenia and there's a scene where she's in the middle of traffic and all she hears are voices... i'll let you know if you're that.

penelope said...

I heart Lifetime movies.