Monday, August 14, 2006

just NOW

today i am having some rice,beans with sueza sauce and leftover, nicely grilled, tender and perfectly seasoned skirtsteak- i am very very excited-

so okay, horrifingly i go to get my skirt steak and someone has thrown it into the TRASH!!! oh my god- but it's skirtsteak and i cannot let go of that fact- i get it out- thankfully it is in a corner untouched by most of the trash- still sealed in its bag. a piece of used bright blue gum stuck to it. the HORROR of someone doing that to me!! it made me as mad as going to church and finding a perfectly good orchid in the trash- so so angry. i wrote a couple strongly worded letters to let them know i will be tending to them in their absense. .. and i ate the skirt steak. dammit.

8 comments:

Kurt said...

Just now I was driving down the highway and I hit a bunch of debris and it bent my muffler and blew out my rear tire. Still alive.

mendacious said...

thank god. why is life so cruel sometimes?

penelope said...

George Costanza and also my friend Jen eat out of the trash.

Anonymous said...

That's horrible that someone threw it away!

Hey, if no one's around to see you dig it out, and it was in a plastic bag...shhhh. We won't tell.

Karima said...

good news is that at least they'll go to hell for their behavior.

Somebody's Mom said...

The horror!
I am speechless.

whew. that was temporary....

I am so glad that no one dumped the coffee grounds on it. and kurt, my sympathies. Your character is building every day. I went to lunch on friday and let someone's pickup truck that was left in neutral roll and hit another car.
My car was ok. I am a little worried about karma now.

~sarah said...

i know people who get food out of a certain trader's dumpster b/c they throw away perfectly good food right before the expiration date or that days' baked goods... they say the frozen meat stuff stays frozen, but i don't buy it. that's asking for stomach worms or ecoli or something equally gross!

but i'm sure your steak was okay b/c it was already cooked.

ashley said...

My boss from time to time will go through a freak cleaning spell and clean out the refrigerator at work, throwing away stuff randomly.

I became irate one day when the girl I hated at work drank my Diet Coke with Splenda, forcing me to drink a regular Diet Coke. From then on, I started tabbing my Diet Coke with Splenda with a little blue Post-It flag.

A scourge on these refrigerator villians!