Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Yesterday, I made this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I bought the frame on my first trip to IKEA, ever, with mendacious in California. January 2004. And I was going to fly straight home and complete the project, I was, using tickets to movies seen in the theater by J.Lo and I. Good, bad, and ugly. There would be blank spaces for future films. Procrastinating two and a half years on a project only gives one more material. Remember that.

Today I:
Overspent at Costco. Not overspent, not really. It's just, I suppose I could have exercised even more control than I did. Although I did have a list and stuck determinedly to it. The payoff will be six weeks from now when I finally have to buy chicken again. I bought a take-and-bake pizza that was clearly too wide for the fridge, but I was like ohhh it'llbeFINE... I had to cut the sucker into four squares and house it on two separate pans to make it work. Make it work, people! I really wanted to buy a ROXY shirt, just because the colors were pretty, even though I don't surf, and probably never will possess one iota of the coordination it must take to surf. I can support the surfing community, however. But the shirt will have to wait for another time. Also, I purchased pajama pants that make me wish fall would hurry up and get here. But I'm always wishing for cooler weather in the summertime. Not for time to pass more quickly. Unless I'm in a really uncomfortable situation, such as working for an evil corporation, in jail, or nine months pregnant.

And I sampled:
drinkable yogurt
a mini taco
one cupful of Jelly Belly jelly beans (25% of which I spilled in the checkout line)
turkey salad on a pita, which I stuffed whole into my mouth just as the nice server lady asked me how old K.Lo is, which is:

Shixth schmunths. (Approximately.)

This afternoon I:
have worked out the teeniest bit (but it's still something)
have washed and folded 3 loads of laundry
have read a set of 6 board books (purchased at Costco) to K.Lo, who apparently enjoys dorky, off-off-off-off-way-off renditions of 5 Little Monkeys, B-I-N-G-O, and The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round
have briefly reviewed my new health insurance plan, which makes me nervous

Oh, and also yesterday, I bought "The Office" theme for a ringtone, which can be previewed here. Or something very similar. It is fantastic. I'm clearly too obsessed with the show, but I haven't found any one ringtone to be worthy of purchase in a year. So that's exciting.

4 comments:

mendacious said...

Where is this long awaited art work going?

ah, 2004. those were the days...

penelope said...

I will send you a picture.

Kim said...

Okay, are you ready for this? The Office: Season One is next on my Netflix queue. And since I just returned V for Vendetta (which is really good, by the way), it should be at my house on Saturday. And Ben has already promised to watch with me. So my Office initiation is about to begin!

penelope said...

yay!!!!