Friday, August 18, 2006

THINGS ENDURED

: time

:footage of a karaoke singer BUTCHERING "stairway to heaven". upside two of the characters have a lovely dance.

:slow results

:yesterday as i was beginning my ride home i got smoked by a professional bicyclist. sure i have like over 100 lbs on him but still- he moved so lithely. i felt shamed as he blew into the distance and disappeared from view.

:my mind

:i could not go to sleep last night. i overslept. i did not get my printing project done. i continued to think about myself and no one else. this is always a dark time.

:machines

:my horrible computer being eaten up by a virus. sure i have backup drives but still- it's the idea of the "blue screen: physical dump of memory. please consult your system administrator." "you have 80 known viruses: begin quarantine now"

but still i'm happy. waiting for lunch. eating my sunflower seeds. drinking my ice water. watching my reality tv.

4 comments:

Kurt said...

I run twice a week, but recently, a young guy blew past me and, within minutes, he had reached the far end of beach, miles and miles away. I was astonished at how old and pathetic I am.

Anonymous said...

You are however smarter than him and could beat him with words! yeah right. You can start a club called OAP. We'll keep the meaning a secret and the young fast ones will feel very left out.

Cue said...

Last night was a night for staying up too late and oversleeping. It happened to me, and the lady I went to work for today, and some family members -- must be the moon or some shit. No worries. All will be well again soon.

And hell, you were on a bike -- that def counts for something!

penelope said...

i do not enjoy slow results.