Friday, August 4, 2006

I had no idea

Being the clueless mommy that I am, I had no idea that 6-month-olds can and typically will take up to 2-hour naps. Sometimes twice daily. Hazah!

My little bug usually goes down for half an hour (maybe) at a time, if at all. Not wanting to miss anything, she fights sleep with every fiber of her being, and when she cries, I go and get her. But, since finding out this fact, I've stopped caving and K.Lo is, as I speak, still sleeping after a good hour and ummm... 49 minutes. Can I just say? Ahhhh.

P.S. I feel...
Today I am: an ostrich in the outback. It's so hot that even burying my head in the sand for a second makes my hair hurt. (If ostriches had hair.) I'm dancing along the sand, wanting to be simultaneously everywhere and nowhere, wanting to strike up conversation with the local kangaroos, yet at the same time left alone to be the overgrown, awkward bird that I am. Ah, if only ostriches could have it both ways.

2 comments:

Somebody's Mom said...

Hey Pen!
love your being an ostrich. they are very strong birds.

mendacious said...

DID YOU KNOW MORE PEOPLE DIE FROM OSTRICH DEATHS THEN SHARK DEATHS EVERY YEAR. I'M JUST SAYING.