Thursday, August 3, 2006

RIP Bill Lumbergh I

I'm back. We had a lovely time in PA, tales to come soon. Most pressing to report, however, is the death, while we were gone, of Bill Lumbergh the fish. Yes, it's true. I cleaned the bowl in a hurry last Tuesday morning before departure, and I must have done something wrong--off temperature, not enough purifying drops, too little love--who knows.

Bill Lumbergh was a good fish and will be missed. I bought him for work in November 2005 after the tragic death of Michael Bolton the African Dwarf Frog. He entertained the masses by day, came home with me on long weekends, and then for good when I took my leave. Eventually, his plastic office tank, though cute, became grimy beyond repair. About a month ago, he relocated to a giant, blue-stemmed drinking glass vase purchased at Old Time Pottery for $8.99 and lined with an ecclectic mix of glass stones. I, Penelope, aka Expert Murderer of Aquatic Creatures, painted greenery along the outside of the bowl for visual interest.

Bill Lumbergh remained fairly healthy throughout his days, nearing death only once, just before the birth of K.Lo. Still don't know what happened there.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
J.Lo, good husband that he is, and aware of the situation's sensitivity, omitted Bill Lumbergh's death from conversation until my return. By then, Bill Lumbergh II had already taken up residence in Bill Lumbergh I's old digs. He's quite cute.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hi, fishy.

5 comments:

mendacious said...

may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Kurt said...

may your trip through the pipes be swift.

ashley said...

Um, I'm going to need you to move on to the next life, okay?? No one will ever take your stapler again, little guy.

Anonymous said...

Dude- milton lost the stapler. bill is the dick who took it.

Kim said...

Yeah, why no Milton fish? I demand a Milton! Maybe one of those goldfish with the creepy bug eyes...