Friday, August 11, 2006

PSA: M&M

It seems like dark chocolate is very "in" these days--have you noticed? There are so many dark chocolate products on the shelves, and they get darker and darker, i.e. 60% cacao or whatever. Anyway, this all works out perfect for an individual such as myself, who happens to love dark chocolate more than anything. I've always picked the Special Darks out of the Hershey's miniature bag before anything else.

NOW available, I'm excited to inform, is the new DARK CHOCOLATE M&M. I mean, it's like they finally read my mind. I haven't been this excited about a chocolate product since the introduction of the Big Kat, which I actually invented, thinking it would be the best candy bar ever, taking a single Kit Kat and making it BIG, but which some other inventor over at Hershey is taking credit for.

The dark chocolate M&M, I can vouch, is fantastic. Unfortunately for me, I discovered its existence at Costco, and was therefore forced to buy a 3.4-lb bag. Tragic, I know. But clearly, there was no other choice.

I might make cookies with them. (Since my grocery store, sadly, does not yet stock the Hershey's dark chocolate chips.) Hazah!

8 comments:

Kurt said...

Did you catch the limited edition dark chocolate Kit Kat?!

penelope said...

YES!! Mmmmm. And the big mixed bag of milk chocolate, dark chocolate and white chocolate Kit-Kats. They had that around Halloween. Eat the milk chocolate and the dark chocolate, give the white chocolate to the trick-or-treaters. Perfection!

mendacious said...

i have been tempted by the darkchocolate kit/kat- we have those at work. but dammit. i've got to give it all up. however today as it is bagel friday- i still had half a chocolate chip bagel. i am weak. so weak. and now i feel like i've eaten tasty tasty chalk.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Dark chocolate. You're totally right...white chocolate is the one to give away.

I'll have to look for the new M&M's although I've been doing better at eating healthy.

~sarah said...

dark chocolate is supposedly more healthy for you anyway - something about antioxidants i think.

at any rate, i loves me some dark chocolate! in college, i had a friend who always bought the hershey's miniatures bag and gave me ALL the dark chocolates. it was heaven. : )

have you had dove's dark chocolate. sooooo tastey!

ashley said...

My dad gave me my love of dark chocolate. First Hershey's Kisses Dark, and now M&Ms? Heavenly! May I also suggest the Milky Way Midnight? It kicks regular Milky Way's ass!!

penelope said...

milky way midnight AND dark doves=YUM!

Somebody's Mom said...

Seriously, send your letters of praise to the candy companies. they love to hear this stuff and will mail you coupons! coupons for more of the good stuff.