Thursday, August 17, 2006

how? why?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last night, the ProRun3 panel decided to once again keep Vincent, and get rid of sweet Alison. I mean...I just don't get it. It's not that I have anything against Vincent, particularly. He's a little eccentric, yeah, and seems to be suffering from sad delusions that he will actually make it to Top 3. I'm sure he's a nice guy, and you've got to be a darn good designer to even get on the show, so there's that. Didn't particularly care for his comment that the outfit he created last night "turned him on," or whatever that inappropriateness was all about. (It was skeezy, the way he said it. Nina Garcia's face said it all.) Frankly, he just doesn't have the best track record, and I feel like he's narrowly skated through to the next round each week one too many times. The Twiggy "icon" dress, in particular was horrific. I felt like Katherine, in general, showed more promise. (If only she'd had time to make the hoodie!) And now, to stay on instead of Alison? I love Alison! She had a bad day--granted, a very bad day, what with the way the dress fit, and the model's Minnie Mouse hairdo. But she knew she had a bad day, and it was unfortunate circumstance of timing that her outfit did not turn out as planned. Whereas Vincent seems to think all his days are fantastic, when they are clearly, painfully not. And that is the difference.

I will miss Alison's mellowness, her cute little facial expressions and the way she said and meant that designing clothes was her life. Bye, Alison.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In the meantime--Michael? Love Michael. He is my current favorite, with Kayne and (somehow, with her sometimes uncalled-for combativeness--I respect her straight-shooting) Laura being close seconds/thirds. And Uli. I do love Uli, and the way she sort of channels Heidi Klum, but on the design side. But Michael won me over forever last week with the fashion icon challenge, and that spectacular Pam Grier-inspired outfit. And his cool, polished, yet unpretentious way of speaking about his designs--nice. I did think Jeffrey's dress last night should have won the challenge by a hair, but what can you do.

Who are your favorites?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Vincent made it past that horrible basket hat in week 1.

I don't know if it's him as a person, or the fact that he cashed out his 401K that sort of freaks me out.

And I always wonder how it works in editing..."Let's find an eyeroll from someone for that comment!" There has to be some kind of mix and match involved.

penelope said...

I know, I can't decide if I sort of admire Vincent for cashing out the 401K...like, man, that is ballsy. Or if it just totally freaks me out.

And yes, we must find an eyeroll, an excited smirk, a jaw drop. I would so love to be in the editing room. Yet, I bet they don't have to look to hard for those things.I love reality TV.

ashley said...

I love Michael, too - especially after he called his mom in his excitement over his Pam Greer challenge.

I LOVED Alison. I loved her sweet little voice and her earnestness, and I'm sorry, but even that human brioche Minnie Mouse combo was better than the walking garbage heap that Vincent sent down the runway. I think his cashing out his 401K is sad - like how it would've been if I had cashed out my 401K to get my MFA...

ashley said...

Oh, and P.S., I would TOTALLY wear the peanut sack dress made by Laura. I find her frightening and Bree-ish with her overexposed clavicle, but her clothes are impeccable.

mendacious said...

they DO work hard to find those things. they make loggers look for them- "uh hey do you have any CU of "Vincent" being snarky or rolling his eyes on or about these specific days- it needs to be a clean single shot- last over 15 seconds. awesome, thanks. just bring over the print out of the log when you get it. i need it by like 5 though."

penelope said...

i want to be an editor!!

and yes!! i love that michael loves his parents. and BREE--that's who laura is... dead on.

i'm not saying vincent is old, but... his 401k was probably quite significant. my ulcer disagrees with the cash-out.

Anonymous said...

I just always wonder what they're rolling their eyes of smirking about in the first place, since it's probably not whatever shot it got paired with.

I think Vincent cashing out his 401K wouldn't make me freak out vicariously if 1) he wasn't so weird and 2) his designs weren't so weird and had style real people would wear...like hoodies!

I don't dislike Angela so much now that she's not making poofy skirts (I don't care if that's the big new style. It's ugly.) with way too many rosettes. Plus they haven't had much of her talking recently.

I think I read somewhere (was it here?) that the producers toned Laura down in editing so she wouldn't sound so bitchy. Her stuff does always look so polished though.