Sunday, August 6, 2006

(bonus!) AIRPORT ANALYSIS

frick. i've been trying to post about this fricking thing forever. mainly taking people to the airport is a huge favor- especially bcs of the gas factor and the time factor and the traffic factor- really there are many things that make taking people to the airport in LA a pain in the ass- let alone we’re a terrorist target, or whatever. also though bcs rides to the airport aren’t based on date quality or relationship status- people are so desperate to get to/from the airport here that they will ask friends of friends, staple up announcements, bribe you (as they should) in order to avoid finding ways to the airport that don’t include you- people often ask me. and i look at it as a gesture of goodwill- bcs i have family here and i know what its like to live somewhere that you can’t obligate anyone into taking you anywhere- it sucks. it makes you panicky. and really sad at the thought of losing $30-$40 on cabfare. although i could point out that there are bus systems that are only $6 (roundtrip) and it saves money for all involved but i digress. i myself absolutely tantrum if my family doesn't pick me up- and if i have to take the bus i make them buy me in/out when they pick me up from the "flyaway"...plus i'm usually hungry and really irritable so i don't often ask friends who may not ever wish to be my friend again if they see me in such a mood. it has happened- but there was one friend who had made it onto my family list but now she's in chicago. alas.

on wednesday i got an 830 am emergency call- can you take me to LAX - tonight- i didn’t ever hear why or what plans fell thru but they promised to go kayaking with me- this was the best trade off bargaining chip i’ve ever gotten. it clearly states that i’ve been doing it all wrong for a long time- i need to think of things i want this person to do with me and compel them bcs they owe me- thus making them obligated. i love it. i’m going to work on that whole angle- i’ll take you to the airport but you have to go to nicaragua with me. . . or i'll take you but you’re going to have to go hiking, fingerpaint or make cement molds with me. . . it’s endless in possibility... so j. huntington beach harbor 10am on the 19th. i am so there! but only if you want to and uh not cuz you owe me- but you uh, do owe me, so you have to come, sorry- no takebacks. xo.M.

2 comments:

SW said...

hah. awesome.

Somebody's Mom said...

I refuse to drive anyone to the airport and refuse to let anyone take me and yet, I wimp. I remember taking M to the airport when she moved
to chicago. R and her brother were both good for taking her other times. I have no spine. I let my daughter take me to the airport to visit her brother. I could not resist her force. She wouldn't hear of me taking the fly away and wounldn'tlet me leave too early. My plane was delayed and I fell asleep and ended up being the very last passenger to board. oops. Don't you love the energy of the airport, people coming and going hugs kisses sad and happy travels.