Friday, August 4, 2006

I'm so annoyed at Lauren

Yesterday I watched the season finale of "The Hills," and uggggh. I'm sooo annoyed at Lauren. She was offered a summer internship for Teen Vogue in PARIS, and turned it down to live with Jason in Malibu. I mean, fine. You're all grown up, your boyfriend wants to live with you, weeeee! I can appreciate that. But did we learn nothing from Joey Potter? Dawson was so not worth turning down Paris, and Jason isn't either. Especially when he's all like, I'll be happy for you no matter what you do, but clearly he's pouting and shooting little laser rays with his eyes that say, If you leave, I will totally hold it against you.

My friend Jamie and I have been coaching K.Lo on boys. We say, pssst: Remember to shop around! If he's a good one, he's not going anywhere. Meaning, if someone's offering you the chance of a lifetime not just for your job, but also for yourself--go to Paris. If the guy's worth his salt, he'll drag out his pompoms, do a few leaps and give a shout on your behalf, and most importantly be there when you get back.

P.S. Please note that Jason's noggin is, like Dawson's, abnormally large. I'm just saying.

4 comments:

Cue said...

I am a firm believer in following one's dreams regardless of significant others.

Then again, I am also single.

But I think I'd regret not doing a thing because someone else wanted me to stick around -- you know? Anyway, point being, that's good advice for the kiddo. Good idea to cement that one early, too.

ashley said...

Not doing want you want = tiny resentments = little fights = big resentment = big fights. Is no good.

But my guess is that LC is liking the limelight and kind of wanted to stay close to the red carpet. I think her dedication is to being on the cover of Teen Vogue and not behind the scenes. Still. Not the best choice it seems.

SW said...

OMG. I can't believe these people. Here I am, dying for a chance to go to Paris, and here they are (joey and lauren), throwing it away. Boy. Don't they know there's cute boys in Paris who won't be able to understand a word they say? Boy.

mendacious said...

I AM ALSO ANNOYED AT LAUREN. WHO DOESN'T GO TO PARIS FOR AN INTERNSHIP UNLESS SHE KNOWS THAT AFTER THE SHOW SHE CAN GO TO PARIS AND GET AN INTERNSHIP- SHE SHAMES WOMEN EVERYWHERE.