Sunday, September 24, 2006

I LOVE YOU

This post until just 11pm was going to be purely about how I went to step aerboics for the first time in (oh god) 6 years? as i stood there doing sidesteps i resisted the urge to laugh- it seemed ridiculous, like i was about to 'step to the oldies' or something. i looked like a towering giant in the mirror compared to the tiny philipino in front of me. it didn't help that i was next to the speed and hopping freak who made her moves harder than anyone with each hop and power step. i thought i can do this- one riser... and then after 30 minutes my ass was completely kicked- all the grapevines, charlestens, turnsteps and freeways- the repeats and bring it home, the l's and blah blah whatever- was hard, but it had all come back to me. and it was one of those things that if i had a sticker labeled reality i would've pasted it over my forehead and continued to pace side to side to keep my heartrate from exploding into my chest. even 2 months of consistently biking 24miles a week could not prepare me... and you know, the usual dawning of the moment consisted of me going- well fuck i was in GOOD shape 6 years ago- and yes it's going to take a while to get back to that point-

i left elated, all those endorphins or whatever floating around, and then i went to ROSS and found 3 shirts for $27.03. Could this day get any better? Well yes.

I went reluctantly to "Totally 80's" at the Bowl- for one, leaving the house after such a day seemed possibly too much- but i was wrong- after watching the entire audience sing along to "Tainted Love" by SoftCell- even after the lyrics fucked up on the screen was inspiring. my friend being silly on wine as she shimmied across the empty bench in front of us was priceless. i was also surprised that i knew psychedelic furs entire set including "prettyn'pink", recognized half of ABC's cash of songs including some song about a poison arrow only pinnacled by the electronica-futuristic musings of Human League... ending with "Don't you love me" was completely cathartic... even if a little to optimistic as a whole...

At the end of the night i went to say hi to my friend who works at the bowl and as i was waiting to get the guards attention Courtney Love sort of slowly cut right by me with an ease of someone who well- has a right to enter the artists entrance anywhere she goes and well has the pass to prove it. At this same moment my friend recognized someone who was with Courtney- a pretty boy named Branford, and he stopped back by to say hello as I wondered at the cosmic forces drawing us to jane weilen at that moment....

We laughed the whole mile back to my friends apt, nearly getting harrassed by a beligerant drunk, and practicing how my courtney love story would become increasinly more violent- and then courtney love pushed me against the guard and stormed passed me, and then courtney love shoved me out of the way spilling my wine on jane which started a shoving match btw.... and crowning this whole evening off- a guy nearly clambering out of his friends hummer, pointing at us and saying: There they are! I yelled back, "I LOVE YOU!" which seemed the only appropriate answer,and as he was driven away he yelled "I LOVE YOU, TOO." And i knew this had to be one of the best days ever for love and well being and everything else.

3 comments:

Somebody's Mom said...

Whew, thankgoodness that there was no repeat of that ice/soda in the face of the movie patron!

Fun times at the Bowl.

~sarah said...

I hope you got that license plate #. He could've been your soul mate! ; )

Anonymous said...

I think it's a little gift from life every once in awhile to have a day that you can look back on and say, "I wouldn't change a thing. It was perfect." And unplanned, which makes it even better.