Monday, September 18, 2006

fracas in my nogan

I very VERY rarely have insomnia and even this i know to many who suffer from it would be a good sleep possibly. I don't know how you guys do it. I go to bed, my mind continues to play over the events of last night- i wake up again and can not go back to sleep. And it took everything to fight the paniky thought of -ohgoditsgettinglater and i still haven't gotten to sleep yet. 3 things very possibly were keeping me up: wine. replaying events and conversations over and over and garlic.

  • the taste of garlic in my mouth from LUNCH. garlic fries though magically delicious and good for you should be used with caution and possibly with some curiously strong mints, which i had noneof. so every few hours the presence would reassert itself harshly as i smacked my mouth.
  • i put my gardening mind to work for a couple, the husband of which was a co-star in an awesome and adored show called A.D. and character name rhymes with MUSTER. There house is so rad- completely elegant... but there yard nothing but dust and wretched trees. So i got to wander around and point at things to rip out, things to save and be highly opinionated with a glass of redwine in my hand, despite the garlic- they even said i could sign off on the landscape architects design for their backyard in november- they might just be being polite but i have to think they really will ask my opinion. what lovely LOVELY people. and i met them at church and not a hollywood party. further awesomeness of thought ensues.
  • a mutual friend was there which i didn't have a problem with but when all you want to do is talk gardening and ask get to know you questions... but then have to concede to that friend and her stories makes it hard- and i think it was actually making my left shoulder tenser than i thought- all of this sort of obnoxiously ruminated in my mind over and over keeping me up.

also longing for kite flying. the kite in my car- in the back seat. calling to me. all day. saying when will you deviate and break into song...

4 comments:

penelope said...

OMG!! probably it's option 2 and that you were TOTALLY starstruck. i am EMERALD with ENVY muahahahaha.

i *heart* muster.

Kurt said...

Didn't the fans' outcry save that show from cancellation? No, wait, that was Seventh Heaven.

Somebody's Mom said...

It will be shown on a station called G4 on Direct TV starting in November, I think.

Daniel Bruckner said...

I think there is a fourth option: You are meant to join us.