Thursday, September 7, 2006

Dear Superstar,

Thank you for checking my blog on a daily basis. I see you three, four times a day sometime, and if (as it should be) daily visits=love, then you must sure love me a whole lot. However, I'm quite certain that you only visit with the purpose(s) of:

a) seeing if I have written about you
b) using what I have written about as ammo for several lovely sessions of character assassination with friends, loved ones.

And I'm sure you have great fun with the latter, seeing as I tend to write a whole lot about TV, and I swear sometimes, and I make lots of jokes about the way I bumble through a day, including certain prize mishaps with my baby. It's a wealth of material for you. To which I say, go nuts. Seriously? I don't care. I stopped looking for approval from The Masses a while ago.

Regarding the former item, however, just so you know? It's not going to happen. I'm not going to write about you. Let me say it again:
I'M NOT GOING TO WRITE ABOUT YOU.
The most direct reference to your fancy self that you will ever find in this blog is this here appeal, which is in and of itself a sort of double-edged sword for me. Because I'd hate to reward you with the attention you crave. But, I would so much like to request as well: Could you maybe go ahead and, uh, stop reading my blog?

That would be great, thanks.

Hugs and kisses,
pen

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pen. Thanks for linking me.

I wanted to say, I think if you switched over to the new "Beta" version of Blogger you can make certain posts private (accessible by password of your choosing) for when you feel like saying things you'd only like certain people to see...etc.

Not sure if the older version of blogger does this.

penelope said...

Thanks, g... I need to look into making the switch.

mendacious said...

ooo. you are such a bad ass. let me revel in this - wait, hold on. i'm not finished.

Anonymous said...

--One thing I forgot to mention about switching: they haven't enabled adsense yet, for whatever reason, so you might lose chances for google-driven revenue in the short term. So caveat switchor.

ashley said...

Pen, you've got moxie. That's all I can say. Lots and lots of moxie. Love it.

Cue said...

This switch-news is the best thing I've heard of in awhile. Why the F didn't I know about this in March, is all I have to say.

I personally wish that Blogger would allow one to block certain readers. Until that day, private posts will have to do.

Meanwhile, hang in over there...

Anonymous said...

Cue: I know this isn't really what you're referring to, but you *can* allow only people who have your permission to view your blog...

mendacious said...

oh god- we haven't come to that quite yet. mendacious won't allow it. will she? no. no she won't. maybe? well our anniversary is coming up... sometimes changes our best on carefully scheduled days.

daisy said...

I sooooo <3 drama!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Daisy, for attempting to make the heart instead of just writing the word.

mendacious said...

oh i "heart" drama--- oh!!! I SO THought it was some logic symbol like less than? less than 3? what?

ashley said...

The funny thing is that now people are saying "I less than three" this or that. It's like you could just say you loved it. Or you heart it. Sorry, Laura. But now people are actually going the extra mile.

I less than three MTI!