Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Well so THEN, by M

I get a call and he says, we got your resume from realitystaff and I say, okay. Yah? Cool. Animal Planet? Alright. Come in for an interview? Okay. I got the job? Charmed you with youtube refs and my wink and knowledgable head nod.... Yah. Then the boss says, as long as you're goot at writing. Who me? I've got a degree on the wall to prove it. (Insert laughs) Did they laugh? Glance around.

So just like that- in the span of 3 1/2 hours I became employed and no less, only 4 miles from home. Dare to dream! I'm going to save over $100 in gas each month.

It's good because the time off had gotten just a wee bit destructive. And though I'd been reining it in lately, the days still mashed into one another and made it impossible. So I find myself in a bullpin and thrown into action. Pitch meetings on friday, lots of "research" to do... no clearly defined supervisor, a guy who says, we don't punch clocks, and a treasure map to the supply closet and the new hire paperwork. I am positively unsure of myself. This job seems to require responsibility. And unguided at that.

7 comments:

Kurt said...

Animal Planet. Sounds fun. Congrats!

erin j said...

Congrats on the job... sounds interesting!

penelope said...

ooo, unguided responsibility+mendacious=trouble.

:)

you do write "real goot," so they did the right thing, hiring you you. mwahahahaha.

but honestly, thank god your unemployment is over. maybe now you can like, write our first chapter ep, or something? or will you be too busy writing about fuzzy bunnies.

Anonymous said...

Ah Pen, you beat me to it. I was so gonna ask M where she picked up that Swedish accent... write real goot. eh

Anonymous said...

Hurrah employment! I hope you took all the supplies you needed the first time in case someone decides to move the treasure trove.

SW said...

yay congrats!

Daniel Bruckner said...

I was wondering when we were going to hear about this crap.



*I hope this clears up the confusion.