Monday, March 31, 2008

Things, M

Things that have made me cry at work, when in fact i am usually an emotionless robot:

Li@n being killed by hunters in Africa.
D@lphins being slaughtered in a closed bay in Japan.
Eleph@nts dying in pain bcs they're kept in cramped zoos with no yard space and developing behaviors that are them going crazy.
E@gle kept in a closet, and didn't know how to fly, although he was rescued and rehabilitated.
Cheet@h trying to save a baby chimp, but the baby dies.

Oh so, to answer Kudzu's question: I'm working on this new NinmalAy LanetPay show and we're going to be putting together some amazing footage of close calls, harrowing rescues and man thrashings. Basically youtube anything with @nimal @ttacks, or @mazing video and there's a chance we're trying to hunt down the owner of the video and get an interview to find out what happened. For 3 wks work has been slow except for a steady pace of plodding thru and today i got an additional assignment of researching for the writers- so i'm psyched. But still, that's when i ran across the lephantEay articles and with my zoo visit fresh in my mind... I was like wahhhh, set the lephantEays free. And bcs of the LaZo@ our tax money is $40million in the hole just to be able to say we have @lephants, when they could be wandering in a sanctuary- is sort of infuriating. Usually I stay away from anything remotely sad but then suddenly you know its @himpanzee's in cages, and @nimal testing and its all i can do to not be totally bummed out. This gig will last till July and as with them all I hope it'll go somewhere but you know how it goes. And meanwhile, all sorts of grrr is brewing bcs of these poor animals and by association humans and I'm suddenly wanting to boycott things like the @lympics and zo0s and japan (of course) but I don't know what to do with my new found refreshed sense of outrage.

11 comments:

penelope said...

Horror!

ashley said...

M - what are you doing these days? It sounds like torture!

Daniel Bruckner said...

You're a deranged psycopath

mendacious said...

that's why i miss you bruckner. you keep me accountable.

Kurt said...

You tell those people at work to LEAVE THOSE ANIMALS ALONE!

~sarah said...

what's the cheet@h/impchay story about? why did he want to rescue it instead of eat it?

and, seriously, figure out your IM thing already. i miss you!!!!

Daniel Bruckner said...

Just know that it has been against my ever instinct to expose you.

Daniel Bruckner said...

every

Daniel Bruckner said...

I drink around this time.

ashley said...

Oooh, nimal@ lanetPay! How exciting! I wondered if you might be working for that show...Police-like persons who rescue cute furry things from cruelty? On the same channel? Sounds like a great gig!

ashley said...

P.S. My word verification looked like "Please goat" - is that sign??? Is there a goat somewhere in distress???