Monday, March 3, 2008

ta-da

These aren't the world's best pictures...they don't give the full effect because the stove isn't pushed back, and the counters aren't loaded up with all my accoutrement. But my head cold's back, and it's the best I can do, so deal. I don't think they've really sunk in yet, the new counters. I keep looking at them, half in awe, half in denial. They're just like, so nice. I think after two and half years with the world's most hideous countertops, I got used to the idea that my counters would just always be ugly, and worse, always look and feel unclean. But now, they are smooth, shiny, sparkly. Something gets on them, and you wipe it off, voila. Granite doesn't get waterlogged, it's such a novel little concept. J.Lo and my Dad worked well together, it all looks tres beautiful... My dad did the trim as well, and is making another cabinet for us with a place for the microwave and pull-out drawers for all our pantry food, and shelves for the cookbooks. Yeah. I know! And I still have to paint the backsplash and possibly the rest of the kitchen, but that's another matter entirely, something to ponder when my head weighs less and my shoulders don't feel weighed down by bricks. Oh, that last pic shows a strip of the old stuff laid across the new, just to illustrate the diff. That piece is sitting on top of our fridge at the mo and every time I catch a glimpse of it, I shudder for a second like I've just glimpsed something terribly unpleasant that I once saw in a dream.

4 comments:

erin j said...

wow that looks incredible!!! i'm' glad that you are already enjoying them!

Anonymous said...

Looks good! How many times did you cry during the process?

Andria said...

Fabulous!

Cue said...

Pretty!