Friday, March 7, 2008

The Zoo Doo that you DO.

I confess that during the birdshow and the macaws circling overhead I did get a little misty eyed. Sort of like when i was at work today and watching a video of these elephants help this other elephant I might've almost cried. For a Republican I am a little to inexplicably connected to the earth ; ) My friend said it was because I am an earth tauras, with a taurus rising no less. I might agree. But besides that I find zoos sort of a let down. Like the animals aren't doing anything, like ever. Just like in the wild. The LA zoo is going thru quite a bit of renovation and its going to look supberb when done but... It still doesn't quite seem to disguise that they're cages even though that's okay and that zoos are outmoded given our access to experience such things...maybe, are they. But then are they? I mean that tiger wandering around or that bear sleeping in the shaded gutter aren't real. That khuala stretching its cute but vicious little arms or the vultures eyeing the dead bunny or the seals slipping thru the water- I might as well be watching you on national geographic. I see you the same way i see a painting in a museum. Not quite in its natural habitat and yearning to be set free. Though I know you probably have a pretty almost cush existence compared to the brutality of the wild but I want you where you're meant to be especially if you're an elephant and well, I know that sometimes small places can be enough which just leaves me wishing the world was a safer place- not just because of man but everything else. The fall, the disorder of it all. But aren't you, well you don't seem to see how fearfully and wonderfully made you are. My God you're glorious. Sniff. I have to go now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hazah!