Monday, March 10, 2008

waterlog

Dear Universe,

Did I do something wrong? Pinch the babies too hard? Get too snarky about the Hulk on Survivor? Because seriously, this whole thing you've got with water disasters lately is getting old. We recently noticed that the wainscoting one wall of the dining area is all bowed out, and this wall shares one with the bathrooms, specifically the showers, so one can only imagine what is going on there. Then this morning, I discovered that a piece of the kitchen sink pipe has corroded clean through, leaving a nice little hole. I'm a virtual plumbing idiot, but even I know that's not a good thing. Lord knows how much these home repairs are going to cost. And then, while cooking dinner, I moved a full glass of water and tipped the whole thing all over myself, and also into the oven drawer. It's a small thing, I know, and there's no use crying over spilled water, you've just got to mop it up and change your clothes. But still.

Bad luck comes in threes, so I will assume you are done here.

Sincerely but skeptically yours,
Penelope

2 comments:

~sarah said...

3's? So does that mean I have one more coming from the weekend? Does an annoying co-worker who is convinced the world is out to get him and any tiny, unintentional mistake you make an affront to his competency count?

See my blog for more adventures in plumbing. : )

ashley said...

Poor, Pen. When it rains, it pours. (Ha ha...get it?)