Sunday, March 2, 2008

Old Person, by M

Followed by all that nutty socializing came the inevitable fall. I ditched church, puttered in the garden. Which literally I shuffled around in some drapey pants, my sandals, a cup of tea in my hand, moving this, moving, that, slowly, standing around and musing alot. Nodding my head and saying, mmhmm. Yep. Sometime later I went to Mimi's Cafe to catch the earlier bird special with Amber. Having stolen my parents $10off coupon for blood donation, and reminding Amber to retrieve the Coldstones- buy1/get1 free coupon. We made our way around 530pm, found parking right up close, muttered about all the kids working there under 20 and looking like ashley simpson and lindsey lohan, and how it took forever and the fish was just okay and that if we weren't so relaxed from working out we'd sit that manager down and give him a good talking to. We found our way to the local icecream shop, which was in a strange and new part of town and then talked about how our friends had taken us to strange places without warning us, like a wake and a hospital visit... We made our way home by 7 and shook our heads that we were home so late and sat down to watch that dreamy clive owen and that lovely cate blanchett. and called it a night by 930. we were exhausted.

2 comments:

Alan Smithee said...

Not Cold Stone Creamery!

Kurt said...

Alan, you took the words right out of my mouth.