Wednesday, March 12, 2008

30

For some reason Pen is taking 30 a bit hard. (Still a few days away for her) It's an even number. I don't really get it I confess. I loved 30, but I have to admit 31 has been a bit obscure. The idea of it anyway and I've just begun to wonder about 32. So perhaps we work in the reverse. And because of her make believe children and an imaginary cold and a fantastical trip to NY, I haven't been able to pin her down. No emails, no answered phonecalls, and have just been able to yell at her via email and CAPS. I haven't even told her a thing about my job. Sure I haven't written the promised chapter and I owe her expressions of my love and affection from auspicious occasions dating a year back, I'm glad she still speaks to me most of the time despite whatever annoyance she harbors for me but doesn't tell me about.... anyway I hope Pen sees her way clear to a fabulous birthday. I told her she deserved chocolate and pina coladas in the rain and I wish I was there and she wasn't a figmament of my imagination.

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Before I was 30, I always wanted to be older. Then after, I wanted to stay 30.

penelope said...

awwww... you're so nice, thinking of me. i hope i like 30. and that you come to see me sometime this year for heaven's sake.

p.s. i'm in the mountains, this time. and it's so fantastic!