Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Penbunsandabs,

Why does working in an office make people (me) so hungry and snackish? I'm contemplating a coffee addiction. I don't want it to be a longterm relationship sort of thing though. Perhaps a flirtation. I can't decide. It calls to me though. It really does. And all the teas have lecithin so nevermind that.

I remembered my lotion, cuticle cream, headphones, snacks (stale ricecakes were a mistake), fruit, almonds, gum. I've favorited radio stations, a book i want to read on mysticism, news- i need more things to watch/listen too. Maybe not though. It's like not having a mug makes me hesitate about the coffee/hot cocoa situation. And because of administrator only upgrades, no netflix, no hulu and NO youtube. Oddly i can watch stuff on funnyordie. So thats a plus. Also I've observed that besides the whacky biodegradable plates and such there is a heavy ice consumer besides me. So by 2 already we're out, the cubes aren't freezing fast enough. There's only 1 tray. Though maybe its more than just my unknown nemesis. It could be anyone. But still I want a pristinely cold beverage. And is it too much to ask when its 98 out and sleepily temperate inside?

OH and did i mention. I totally got out of uryjay utyday. boo0-yah! I was suppose to go in today and i was determined to make at least the $400 due me after tax for a full weeks worth of work. Hence the, i'm totally not going govt. Throwthebookatme. I'm sure this 2 wk long debacle will resurface in the future but for now, i've escaped. I called at 8am, spoke to a very nice man (shocking) who said I just needed to send in my form, filling out sections a,b,g,f and done. So dazed by such ease I wandered off into traffic and made it to work without dying.

I may even make it to yoga. Today's the day. I wish I had more things to tell you. But the length of conflict is very low and i've gone into, how to burn the day and do nothing. I'vE already slipped back into it. So that I can by the end of the day tell you not at all what i've done. I think there were some breakroom,w/c visits, a morning meeting about photographs and cheerleaders. I did have to deliver some tapes and find something on the internet but that was about it. I think?

I will contemplate other love affairs... french perhaps, gyms, swimming, nature- i wonder what new ones there are- tea definitely- was recently cultivated. my love of non-wheat related things? Must contemplate the newness of new habits that teeter on the abyss or have already entrenched themselves. Certainly work is one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Regarding Celestial Seasonings and their irrational use of soy lecithin in tea: Their peppermint tea is sans lecithin. I've been making pots of it and pouring over ice with a hint of sugar. Yummy!

Andria said...

I think you should invest is an ice tray yourself to add to the production. Especially ones with fun shapes (of course the first ones that pop up when I am looking for examples are "erotic" shapes, but alas, you know what I mean)