Saturday, July 24, 2010

m a lem,

Saturday night. S&tC mini-marathon. A bit of work. A glass of wine – I can’t complain.

Running – I’m up to a total of 12min. Not straight. Two min on, 1 min off. Accomplishment! Pondering a 5K for maybe Oct/Nov, but will wait to see how unknown events transpire.

Yoga – it definitely feels different w/ running. Maybe I’m just old, sore. Possibly decrepit. Sometimes I can achieve more in poses and it’s all a big headrush, but lately it’s less. Wednesday’s class intent was “inquiry” into where we should push for more and where to let go – a good one. Something to keep in mind always, perhaps. Also, maybe it was the week before? Our yoga instructor said something about, Yoga is when you close your eyes and think of God. Well, exactly. Like you’re not spiritual, woman!

And I’m totally cross-training – slowly but surely anyway. I don’t yet have a set schedule. But a little bodycombat here, a little bodypump there. A few weights/machines. I can’t yet commit, but I’ll get there. Totally have been bitten by le bug.

My syllabus ideas are coming along. Granted, I’ve heard nothing since the original request, but I’m forging ahead. I want to have six books. Have list of possibilities. Should settle on those soon. Next up, documentaries and discussion topics. Then speakers. And projects. Glad I have several months to plan.

And it’s magazine deadline week, which is always exciting. One down, two to go. I’m writing about pet adoption (done), trick-or-treating (in progress) and another green column, but I have no idea what that will be about yet. Oh wait, I just got an idea. Hmm. Excuse me while I write that down.

Otherwise – well, you know. From my other, non-published letters. I’m a bit bummed. A bit antsy. A bit defeated. Let’s plan our Chi trip, okay? Will we make that happen?

Church tomorrow. Some writing. Lamb chops for dins. Hope your weekend’s fab -

love, xxoo,

pen

2 comments:

somebody's mom said...

A thought about a green topic. I read recently about how to clean up a broken compact florescent bulb. http://www.epa.gov/epawaste/hazard/wastetypes/universal/lamps/index.htm

Their are different opinions about how much mercury is safe.

pen said...

Ooo, good one. Thank you.