Friday, July 30, 2010

sooo m,

I’m thinking I need to spend less time on the shiny internets attempting to discern the future. I mean, I don’t mean this as a recent issue. Whenever there’s a problem, it’s like: internets! Internets has the answer! And sometimes it does. But a lot of times, when it’s something one just can’t change or know the answer to right away, it doesn’t. It’s a waste of time and energy, all that fruitless searching. One might as well re-hijack one’s children’s Magic 8 ball to discern said answers.

It’s not the internets that can predict what will happen; it’s patience and time that will reveal those answers. So I totally need to resolve, like you made a disciplinary-type resolution, to quit that habit. Quit daydreaming, house-shopping, guesstimating, seeking to find some sort of concrete glimpse into the future. It’sjustnotthere.

Drinking a little wine and watching 27 Dresses on FX tonight, which by the way is insane. I own this movie. Why on earth would I choose to watch it with 10 zillion lengthy, frequently occurring commercials? Oh, and since the day was filled with the aforementioned bad habit, as well as the bad habit of half-working/half-tending to the children – because who wins, in that scenario – I’m supposed to be finishing my 3rd and final magazine article tonight or something. Is very frustrating, though, as wish I could simply knock out given assignment in space of an hour or so and be free the rest of the day. And night. But it does not work as such with little people who interrupt one’s train of thought constantly, coupled with a feeling of aimlessness. Whatever. (Whine.)

I expect a full photo report of tomorrow’s events -

xo,

pen

1 comment:

almost anonymous said...

So if you spend less time on the internets, what are we supposed to do when we're bored at work? ;)