Monday, July 26, 2010

Pear, n.

I'm in my pajamas and the night is restless around me. It is perhaps the latte or the ricekrispie square coursing through me, or the buck moon, or the way the bubbles of air swirled in the water as my hand swept by while swimming. It is some summer night of yearning. A contemplation of nearly missed genius, or magic, or opportunity unrealized. But something hums within. And wants more. Maybe it is me in motion and everything static around me. It's not warm enough here for that. Perhaps I'm losing momentum. Or like an unfamiliar turn in the road that you travel all the time, you wonder at the last moment if you should turn. Also we have no fireflies.

Maybe I'll paint my nails or read. There were two netflix of note- max and mary which was awesome claymation of a really unlikely and poignant friendship and another called in one day- english, where not much happened but something definitely did happen. And episode 2 of s4 of 'the guild'. The girl mentions that she didn't know she was suppose to vacuum the inside of her computer and i laughed bcs that is exactly what i did for mine. It doesn't make loud noises now on start up. It's pretty amazing if I hadn't said. And this morning I bought a lightbulb for Lollys taillight. I feel accomplished- now if i can bring myself to find a small wrench to use I might even fix the problem completly.
I wish I got to see you soon. That's part of it. The days are slipping by. Week 2 come and gone of the job. The heel still hurts but not as bad. The shoulder still aches but not so nearly as before. And somewhere in btw all of these small things we'll come together. It's ok. We'll wait. I have the beadshow Thursday. The word europa to contemplate. Things to meditate. At least 3 lists. A prayer thing to go to on friday so i can get some shirts for my volunteers for the project on saturday at path. people/assisting/th/hmless. Now that I have 2 people signed up i don't want to drop the ball. Also i need to see the space. I have not. I don't even know what they need. I don't even know how i came to this moment. Also i'm trying not to hold a grudge against the person who stole the sunflower out of the churchlot by its roots. I hope they were drunk or high or happy and it was some light of Christ come carrying them home. And that they dropped to their knees and knew that the sunflower meant something entirely other. i wonder sometimes also, unrelated, about doing a blog on each prayerwalk, as they are seperate adventures that i maybe imagined over experienced. There's one tomorrow. And yoga to fit in. And the necklaces to ponder.
I've got to go.

m.

3 comments:

pen said...

loove le new template, the sparkle stars the pondering on precipes. and the wider margins. :)

i have things to say. soon. xo.

~sarah said...

I thought I saw something shiny in flight, a small something, last night, and then sighed when I remembered we have no fireflies. (That was almost a poem...)

I need to replace a taillight on Little Car too. Should we make a date? Or maybe just lunch? Let me know if you want to have lunch this week.

And is this beadshow thing on Thursday in the evening? If so, could I come as well to check it out?

~sarah said...

I saw something shiny in flight,
A small something flying last night.
Memory filled me with delight,
But soon stole away the bright sight,
For here there's no firefly light.