Wednesday, July 7, 2010

m/ore,

I should also mentioned that I think we glutted the Venus Fly Trap. Not necessarily in a bad way, but it’s possible we have given it enough food to last the next 8 years. The flies have finally “noticed” it, and hang out on the windowsill right there, and today I saw one land right on the jaws of a trap, and the jaws were just like… Meh. No thanks. I’m good.

At the gym today, an elderly lady brought in her own fan for the treadmill. I don’t mean one of those hand-helds. It was this clip-on contraption, and the fan itself was maybe 9 inches in circumference? Sizable. Huh. But then the lady totally kicked my ass with her pacing, so what can you really say.

I don’t know whether these hip-opening exercises in yoga are really helping. I mean, they feel necessary, but not exactly good. Mainly, I feel like a 32-year-old with the hips of an 82-year-old. It doesn’t bode well for the future. Our yoga instructor was in rare form today, including a Willie Nelson song in the mix, to which she commented, “You know you love Willie Nelson. He does know how to breathe – don’t always know what he’s pulling in, but he does know how to breathe.”

Yesterday, I went on a Facebook Fast, and lasted a full 5 hours. I know! Don’t hold back your congratulations. They might even make an e-card for such an accomplishment, and I totally think you should check. Mainly, I was annoyed about a recent random unfriending, which I realize is completely unfair of me, because I’ve unfriended over 40 people in the last few months. And my reasons aren’t necessarily malicious, they are usually based in ambivalence, and the desire to clean house a little. But still. Then there was the “Pregnant Pig” application that showed up in my feed, and it put me over the edge on Random Applications that Muck Up my News Feed and Require the Hide Button. THEN – and this really put me over the edge – I read through a friend’s status/discussion about hiding and unfriending, and someone commented, “I usually hide them first, and then they’re unfriended later, when I clean up my friends list.” Or something like that. Anyway – that person totally unfriended me a few months back! I’m like, I can still see you. Asshat. It’s a love/hate relationship with Facebook all around.

Today, the Produce Box returns after a 3-week hiatus with all those road trips. I can’t remember what I ordered, but doesn’t that just increase the suspense? J.Lo asked, what’s for dinner? And I said, I have no idea, because who knows what inspiration will strike. Who knows.

pen

1 comment:

mendacious said...

fb is a tangled web. and i'm jealous of your venus flytrap.

and i love that woman brought her own fan. its like a breeze in your face- i loved the treadmills at my gym that used to have them.

oh and i mostly moved into the bathroom. look at me go!