Wednesday, November 7, 2007

post today

i was stuck on an oilrig out in the middle of the ocean. we had to wear these scratchy jumpsuits and the internet wasn't even working. a gull every 20minutes fluttered down outside my window and screeched at me. i saw the stack of sardine cans the previous owner had resting on the floor, but the violent beak dissuaded me- until my other co-workers began to hover near me and pointed to the cans of sardines. i told them that they should feed the bird but they just grimaced and kept pointing. how was this my job? i glanced at the clock, began marking off the calendared days. and yet the bird continued to pester me unabatted.

3 comments:

penelope said...

say hi to lome for me.

Cue said...

"How is this my job?" -- A question I, too, have asked.

mendacious said...

ahh, lome! yes i will!