Friday, November 2, 2007

butterfingers

This week I have:

Plowed into a display of tacky plastic crystal balls at Bed, Bath, & Beyond with a shopping cart. Was left alone for just a moment while Mom ran purchases out to car, and with Bug and Baby in tow, managed to effect a minor avalanche in a very public spot.
Spilled 2 fairly full drinks, both situated in the same spot on the counter and filled with ice. The first time, I launched the cup with what was left into the sink, which detonated a veritable Coke Bomb onto the surrounding walls and cabinets. Both times, I wanted to cry but didn't, because of some stupid, sensible cliche about spilled milk.

Dried to dust my second to last right-eye contact lens because I (apparently) went to put it in its case at night and missed.

Whether these actions are due to sleep deprivation, remnants of prego brain, or just my good, old-fashioned inclination to be a klutz, it is not clear. Would consult crystal ball, but is currently (see above) out of commission.

3 comments:

Cue said...

Sleep, man. I don't even have the kid factor and the lack of it slays me every time.

penelope said...

I don't know... I think I might just be mentally challenged.

Anonymous said...

I once put both contact lenses into the same eye. It was after loosing one, note that only one, hour of sleep at the beginning of daylight savings time. It was strange, wait why did I feel the cold finger tip in the same eye twice. dang.