Tuesday, November 6, 2007

eye twitch

Today, a conglomeration of Little Things are getting under my skin. The algae in the fish tank, and why it won't go away. The rust flakes and dog hair that are apparently clogging up our plumbing and making laundry a leaky impossibility. The MONEY that we'll have to spend fixing that problem. The repairman in our house, period. Even though he's as nice as can be. Bug fiddling with the wires on my computer, or the clean diapers in the bassinet, or the mole on my back, or N.Lo's hair on his head, and not listening when I tell her to stop. N.Lo being hungry hungry hungry. The dogs staring staring staring, and constantly underfoot. Oldnavy.com refusing to load on my computer, no matter how many different ways I fiddle with the cookie settings. And now Flash player being an enigma and shutting down my browser. And Mozilla being at least as dumb as Internet Explorer. HOURS spent messing with computer settings, to no avail, and all I want to do is buy J.Lo some PANTS. Spit-up everywhere. Dirty, soaked towels from the aforementioned leaky laundry, everywhere. Desire to eat nothing but chocolate. Must eat something other than chocolate. Dust falling from the ceiling fan. Dustballs everywhere. Must dust, but don't feel like dusting. That is all.

6 comments:

mendacious said...

i am also waiting for rain.

penelope said...

update: finally got onto oldnavy.com--SEVEN hours later.

Anonymous said...

I am eating chocolate on your behalf. You should have a salad.

ashley said...

I heart this post in all its Penelo-Snark Splendor.

That is all.

Kim said...

I say two years is a year too long for K. Lo. not to be earning her keep around the house! Get that kid a dustpan and teach her to sing "It's a Hard Knock Life" as she toils! It'll be cute AND helpful!

Kidding, of course! I don't condone child labor-- especially when the child is so cute!

Andria said...

I loath those days when everything seems to be working against you, including yourself (b/c of mood and lack of motivation - to do anything or make a change) they make great nap days though, if you can manage it - ignore everything and start over.

I soooo hear where you are coming from, though, and say ditto to a lot of it. except the leaky laundry, that's just cruel.

Ps perhaps the word verification is giving us a hint. . my letters are tpsie!