Saturday, November 24, 2007

of late

Bug lingo: When walking into a room, "Hi, guys!" When blowing bubbles, "I did it!" Also, "Shake and bake!" (making Ricky Bobby proud).

Gallons of: spit-up from the tiny one.

Lots of, still: laundry, laundry, laundry.

Who will win? mendacious or pen in the (Mis)Adventures Color War. Note: The latest effort with the light gray-blue and white trim is mine, and may I say, I love it. I merely liked the mulberry. M's dark gray was growing on me, but then she went to this whole Pumpkin Pie motif? And I could not abide. I'm hoping when she comes back from hugging all the trees, she'll forgive me and let me keep my new puppy dog through the holiday season. Because the sight of Bill Nighy and his Love, Actually back-up singers simply warms my heart.

Lovely: Thanksgiving Day w/ fam.
Token trip to ER: Mom, from gouging hand during turkey prep. Two stitches.

Burnt out: too many bulbs on the prelit tree, which was purchased last year. And is not a crap-ola brand. We are miffed. Also, why is it so hard to find replacement twinkle lights that are a perfect fit?

Undecorated as of yet: the tree, due to aforementioned burnout issue and our denial/frustration levels. Although I suppose it's really just my own denial and frustration since I'm the one who does all the ornaments. But neither one of us want to brave Target the day after Black Friday to look for Philips lights.

Cheesy, but adored, and mercilessly mocked by J.Lo: all the Christmas movies I'm DVRing this weekend on Hallmark channel and ABCFam.

Jaw Drop: Me, seeing Sarah Jessica Parker walk out from behind the curtain on ProRun as this week's fashion/pop culture icon. Omg! I silently heckle reality show contestants for giving producers the dramatic reaction they're after, i.e. saucer eyes and jaw drops, when it comes to surprises. But wow, that was kind of big.

Also on that note: I will never get tired of, on ProRun, the following. Seeing Ricky cry. Hearing Christian talk. Watching everyone's reactions to Elisa's Other-Planet practices.
Ready for: Heather to go home on ANTM. I hate to say it. But unless she Toughens Up soon, it's just getting kind of painful to watch.

Getting on my good side again: the doggies. Even though Bender remains special. And Bailey still stares. But anyway, we had a great time playing ball outside today. As did Bug on the swing.

Beautiful mo of a happy day:

5 comments:

ashley said...

How much did you love Chris crying? And his pitch to SJP was so just nervous and awkward! I loved how many people asked her for hugs! Love, love, love Christian! Was so scared he was going home.

Baby N. Lo - ADORABLE and peaceful! Glad you captured a sunny non-spit up moment!

ashley said...

P.S. Mendacious, can we please keep Bill Nighy? After all, it's almost Christmas. :)

penelope said...

SJP was so lovely on the show, too, doing her fashion thing, but looking so uncomfortable for the designers during judging when any of them got upset. And who left her hanging at the pitch when she held out her hand? Hilarious.

Christian is fantastic. I hope he ups his game.

erin j said...

okay... I'm totally a runway freak!!! I made my preggo butt stay awake to watch it last week even though we had to get up at the butt crack of dawn to drive...but it was totally worth it... love the outter space lady b/c she's entertaining, though not really talented. and secretly i love amntm, but jerry has to be totally out of it for me to get a glimpse and i have to hide the remote when i get up to pee or he changes the channel...sigh...
and favorite favorite holiday movie ever...LOVE ACTUALLY!!!! he must stay....pretty please!!!

Anonymous said...

SJP was impressive for episode two. Where do they go from here?