Sunday, November 25, 2007

frags

Can't ever: change the bedsheets right the first time. Why is the fitted sheet so hard to figure out? Likewise with the comforter. Always get it turned around so the tag is up by the head of the bed.

During the holiday season, I like to drink Sprite-like drinks (7Up, Sierra Mist, whatev). I just get a craving for it, the way it tastes and something about the way it looks in the glass with the ice. Another holiday fav is pepperoni slices, and when I was 14 and my oldest brother broke the news to us that my grandfather died, I dropped the slice I was eating into my 7Up or Sprite, and it made me laugh at such an inappropriate time. This memory pops into my brain consistently during this time of year.

I'll take a drink in either a plastic cup or a glass. A lot of people I know have a strong preference either way, being grossed out by one or impartial to the other. I see the positives in each.

I wish I had Magic Fairy Dust that would help my daughter sleep peacefully.

I love the Holiday Oreos because a) they are Double Stuf, even if the package doesn't say it and b) the creme in the middle is always some delightfully obnoxious color. I can see some people's faces being offended by the icing, maybe suggesting that the color in it will cause cancer, to which I just sigh because who knows if that's really true.

4 comments:

Cue said...

If you find that magic fairy dust, let me know.

ps: LOVED "Dan in Real Life"!!!

erin j said...

hehehe...maybe i'll make the oreo truffles with holiday oreos...i wanted to do that with the ones at halloween, but i don't think they make them anymore. i must say that the mint oreos covered in fugde put me in a holiday mood like nothing else!!!

Anonymous said...

Plastic glasses retain the slight color/odor/ghost of the previous beverage. I don't want my beer reminding me of kool aid or my kool aid reminding me of wine. Thank you very much.

Andria said...

insightful post.

I'm not sure I have a major prefrence for plastic vs. glass, but if I'm going to have a carbonated drinkt, I prefer it straight from the can/bottle rather than in a glass with ice. And no 2 liter bottles, please. It just looses all kick.

I love the colored Oreos, too. Orange at Halloween, white chocolate covered for Christmas and I gotta buy the lavender Spring Oreos just because they are pretty and unique.