Friday, November 30, 2007

my brain just thinks in pieces

  • Why do so many of the bills start with the letter "c?" Credit card, car insurance, cell phone, cable, chiropractor.
  • I can't keep a bookmark. They fall out, they get stuck in the couch, I never see them again. This one's too heavy, this one (a receipt) is aesthetically displeasing. Or else I find one I like but am not in the mood at the moment to finish the book, and so it sits there, holding a place to which I will probably never return. My husband, on the other hand, has had his one bookmark (that I made him) for a few years now.
  • The satanic chili turned out tasty, and not in fact evil.
  • New candy on counter, what kind is it? It's the fucking delicious kind, that's what.
  • James on Survivor, sadly, deserved his fate. Those two hidden Immunity Idols were a target on his back from the get-go and he should have known better. Why didn't he play them? Why did he have to get voted off? But at least he wasn't mad, I hate when they get mad, like it's all personal. Now, who to root for? Todd, and possibly Amanda, who is subversively crafty and becoming more interesting, even though it's annoying how the sensors always have to blur out her ass. What the hell is she wearing in the swamp, a thong?
  • Today: finish tree? Start wrapping? What grand aspirations.
  • Tomorrow: Movie!! With Ash!!
  • Must remember to: put on socks. Feet are freezing.

6 comments:

mendacious said...

that is the satanic chilis power. to convince you its good until it's too late. mwhahahaha. good point about the C's by the way.

Anonymous said...

I use old movie tickets for bookmarks. They're not as ugly as the library receipts, but no biggie when they get lost. (Wallace & Gromit recently disappeared, but that movie's a few years old, right? And one of the last we saw in the $2 theater.)

Anonymous said...

Post-it notes make great bookmarks.

Cue said...

Confession: I sometimes bend down the pages of books. I think I used to have ethics about this, but now? No. Also? I read books in the tub. Which means that my books get both dog-eared and wet-finger-marked. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Books in the tub are the best. Though I once had to pay the library for a book I told them I dropped in a puddle.

Andria said...

Post-it notes! That's pretty brilliant.

I like the magnetic bookmarks, that hold together over a few pages and stay in place. You can keep them in the book while reading, too, so you don't loose them in the couch.

ah, the puddle excuse. clever.