Wednesday, November 28, 2007

incidents

  • At Target today, my total was $6.66. Does this not bode well for the chili I plan to make with the ingredients purchased? Sheesh.
  • On the way to the car, we passed by a shopping cart that was swarming with black birds. The woman whose cart it was just finished loading up her kid and peered warily from the other side of the car. "Looks like they're attacking your cart," I say. She comes around to the back and stops several feet short of her cart, looks at me. "What should I do?" she says. "I don't know, start screaming?" I say. And she does. It's awesome. She jumps at them a little and shouts, and they all scatter. She ducks for cover, all the while laughing hysterically. "They're probably after all the Cheerios dropped on the bottom of the cart." So fantastic.

5 comments:

mendacious said...

that is seriously awesome. the birds! the birds! and that she actually did start screaming... classic. you ner'dowell you.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Sure, why not start screaming?

erin j said...

what is it with the enormous amount of black birds lately. they SERIOUSLY coverd my whole back yard yesterday. it is weird!!! you crack me up!!

Cue said...

...And then, what about ANTM?? Not that it was a huge shock, but man... MAN.

Anonymous said...

Power over strangers... you have the power.