Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Back To It

So I'm still cruising down river and I see some different colored flags ahead. However, when leaning back to fetch my flag identification chart, i slipped off the seat. The chart caught the wind, and in order to reach after it, i would've had to bound over jesus so i just stared back sadly at it fluttering to the outerbanks. Jesus just gave a quick cough and looked straight ahead.

I check around me: i've got almonds, a lean cuisine, some gum and lard cookies. I have that ball for my hand strengthing exercises, my arm guards, plenty of ice water and hand lotion... I lick my finger and flip the pages of the calendar, check the direction of the wind, the angle of the sun- figure at worst I have 3 days left of work... at best another 7. It seems unlikely. I sit in reluctance- knowing that i can't stay inert forever. I hear some mad cackling of my co-worker down the hall- and realize yes, the job search has to begin again. The to-do lists having been relegated to the weekends must now be pushed to the fore. But all I can think is: tonight: "stick it", contemplate "lost". thurs,fri: workout (chk), watch tv (chk). sat: kayak? badweather? postpone? alternate plans [ dead space ]... sunday: church/lunch w/ friend who is back from taiwan/hangout with other friend... mon-sat:[deadspace]... chicago [full itinerary]... [dead space]... officially begin again November 1st... nothing but static and snow ahead.

4 comments:

Kurt said...

Stick it.

rc-d said...

i always equate chicago with dead space.

mendacious said...

I floored it.

rcd: heh. stop. what about the boatrides and the musicals?

~sarah said...

awww...i made a to-do list. rock! and a tastey lunch it was.