Friday, October 13, 2006

Survivor Friday!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So, they voted out Stephannie because she was pining over some mashed potatoes and gravy. Personally, I do not feel it's fair to persecute a person over a food craving. If this judgmental attitude were to pervade society and take hold, then I would be in big, big trouble. Stephannie was kind of lagging in last week's episode when she (dumbly) took the fall for losing the immunity challenge. But, she reneged, was fully back in the game, and an offhand comment to a fellow tribe member did not warrant her dismissal at Tribal Council.

The bigger issue, at least in terms of what the edited storyline showed, was why in the world did the guys try to shift the vote anyway? Last week's vote for JP left the guys in a minority situation and at the future mercy of the ladies, who effectively bamboozled the strongest guy right out of there. Not sure if that was a wise decision either, but it was what it was. The ladies definitely had the upper hand, and yet this week wanted to vote for Cristina, purely because she was annoying. The guys weren't on the chopping block at all, it wasn't even a question, so why mess with that. I suppose you could argue that Stephannie's mashed potato faux pas, which Nathan totally over-interpreted, was a sign that Stephannie wasn't totally in the game, which could contribute to the Raro tribe's losing streak. But come on, people. Why do they always keep the Annoying One. I don't know how they stand it. Someone's totally getting on their nerves, and then they vote someone else out, keeping Annoying Guy or Girl around for another 3 days. Get rid of Jerri Manthey when you can! I mean, I suppose you'll just vote them out the next time, that it keeps someone else (other than you) as the target, but sheesh. Super-annoying? No soup for you. Besides, who knows how your luck will roll; you might end up voting later on to give that Miss Annoying one million dollars.

Anyway, I would have so been voted off the island when I was pregnant. I loved me some mashed potatoes and gravy.
Other notable moments: when Cao Boi, Flicka, and Ozzy crashed the other tribe's beach while they were out looking for whatever? That was weird. And OMG, Cao Boi just rambling like a crazy man while everyone rolled their eyes and yawned? Aren't those normally cues to like, shut up? Cao Boi's intense. And he's going home soon, I just know it. Oh, and then Jonathan calling Jeff on his bad pun during Reward Challenge. Sweet! More snark from the players, yes!

3 comments:

Matt said...

I kept thinking that the whole mashed potato thing was a little like playing that game where you whisper something into someone's ear, and they in turn whisper it into the next person's ear, and it goes all the way around the circle and by the time it gets back to the person who started it, it bears to resemblence to what was originally said. Wow. That took more expaining than I thought. Anyway, Stephanie said that IF she was voted off, she sure would eat some mashed potatos. Nathan then started telling people that Stephanie wanted to go home and eat mashed potatos, which then morphed into Stephanie asking to be voted out so she could go eat some mashed potatos.

The moral of the story? SHUT UP. STOP TALKING. Especially if you are the type of person who says things that could possibly be misconstrued, although I'm not saying that what Stephanie said could ever be misconstrued. Dozens of other Survivors have talked about what they would eat first if and when they got voted off, and I don't ever recall them being taken out simply for a craving.

Or, if you can't shut up, if you must talk while on the island, be as annoying as humanly possible, becase as Pen says, they always seem to stick around. Sheesh. What the hell was Cowboy (sorry, I spell phonetically) talking about. Dude, SHUT UP.

Early prediction: Dude with the hidden immunity idol, because he doesn't seem to talk much. This is evident by the fact I don't even know his name. Under the radar and athletic is a totally lethal combination.

Matt said...

Apologies. I just said Dude twice in the span of two paragraphs.

Karima said...

I ordered garlic mashed potatoes the other night with my meatloaf. My order arrived with sweet potato mashed potatoes. I think I have grounds for a suit.