Tuesday, October 24, 2006

my baby DOES take good pictures

exhibit A
So why is it every time we go to get pictures taken someplace, I've got Little Miss Un-shine on my hands? That's all I'm saying. I wish I had a scanner to convey today's results, which were meant to be Christmas gifts. And I guess they still will be. But picture a sad, bewildered little K.Lo, clad in a pink snowman dress and a white bow, sitting under a Christmas tree with a glittery box, her face all Why are you doing this to me?
And that was the best of the bunch. Sigh. Better luck next time?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do have the cutest baby in the world. Period. That alone should be a good Christmas present!

Also, did you make up the phrase Little Miss Un-shine? Because if so, it's the funniest thing I've ever heard in my whole life!

Anonymous said...

It could've been the photographer. Do you remember how revolting the photographers of our youth were? We had this guy who would make up what I suppose he thought were funny endearments like "Watermelon Britches" or "Rabbit Nose" - like that's going to make me smile naturally.

This pic, though, is a winner.

Matt said...

Don't worry. It's not just your child. Emery, for the first nine months of his life, took the best pictures at the J.C. Penney studio. Then, for some reason, once he turned one, he hated, and I mean absolutely hated, going anywhere near the table he had to sit on for pictures. We went once for pictures, and left a half-hour later with absolutely zero pictures. Another time, I think around the time he turned two, we got a few pictures, but his face is all red from his crying, and you can see the grapes in his mouth that we fed him to calm him down.

And Kim, I thought you said Emery was the cutest baby in the world. Or do you just say that to everyone?

Somebody's Mom said...

Never mind the formal shots. The sweet thing senses your anxiety about the process. Relax, take a photo in a casual setting, send it to the fam, they will love it.