Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday


So i was all, happy weekend, then sort of never came back. I'm still pretty 50/50- but hey i only have 4 days left of my job- which yes, surprisingly lasted this long. My current assignment is to think of bad weather alternatives for my trip to chicago (do you guys have any?)- bcs i have all these outdoor fall things to do like canoeing and going to a cornmaze and chicago is never a certain place for weather and my friends are doing that whiny- it's going to be cold. wah. and the funny thing is one friend who wants to go walking around in the cold in the middle of a corn maze will say - hey let's go bike riding by the lake- then i'll tell the other friend and she'll say something about sleet and wind gusts, even though i will be making her go on a boatride... and then i'll tell the first friend, hey if you're up for biking let's go canoeing- then she says it's going to be cold. clearly the signifier "it's cold" means "i don't want to". so how far do i pull- it's my vacation and you biatches will do what i want bcs i'm the one coming to visit? and i don't have an "actual fall" here in LA- though i don't really believe that- but i know for certain i can't get a river surrounded by trees turning to gold and fire and in the midwest i can... and i'd like to embrace it. like last night i was convinced that chicken, stuffing and gravy is for anytime and going to bed with my hair wet made it all wavy... so friends should really support all of my conclusions.

also my computer got eaten by a virus. i'm sitting inmy couch chair on a laptop staring at my walking shoes which i need to put on so i can get up and go workout- but who wants to do that really.

for serious, m.

5 comments:

Danica said...

You should definitely hit the bike trails that run on the old train tracks...I bet that would be a gorgeous ride! I can then live vicariously through you since I've been wanting to do that for years when I first heard of the possibility.

Kurt said...

Camera1 would like to see leaves.

Anonymous said...

How sad and whistful.

I think you should just find a really good coffee shop and people watch.

Anonymous said...

If any of this trip involves driving down that lane, I'd like to go with you. And I'm up for canoeing. I used to love to go white water rafting in north GA. Let's do it!

Somebody's Mom said...

How many photos can you take of California icons while in the windy city?