Friday, October 20, 2006

Last Day

I finished my work around 12. I closed the program and began to erase all traces of me from the computer... for free lunch friday we had pizza. i have to say i was saddened to leave on such an unhealthy protein-free note... but i stayed a little bit to watch the boys club play soccer on the community tv. we had our first post meeting too- which came appropriately 4 months too late. the supervisor wasn't even going to mention that it was our last day- until i said, well and they're firing their loggers and he's like oh yah it's their last day, except for that dorito crunching craig, thanks craig-i was fairly sad no one cared. until the story producer thought better of it once the meeting was over and said, it's your last day? well thanks. i said, well you didn't know we were here and now we're leaving. he smiled and said, i knew you were here. somehow that seemed to make it better but it's still a cold cold business. then everyone wheeled their chairs out of our space and i took down my cubicle name plate. i watched the latest episode of ugly betty as the show has grown on me like a fungas and i can't help but like it-i cleaned out my drawers too and am sitting here patiently with 3 1/2 hours to go... next up: reading, a to do list for saturday, and an intinerary... after that all the time in the world.

No comments: