Wednesday, October 11, 2006

OMG my baby flirted with Dan Scott

Okay, she more sort of stared at him openly and charmingly in that sizing-up way she does, and he smiled back. A few times! And said she was cute. And I, totally unrefined around celebrities, tried nonchalantly to sip my maple frappucino and chat with my mom. But really I am so...chalant?

Every time I see an actor from One Tree Hill, I want to run up to them and be like OMG your show sucks!!! But I totally watch it every week!!! Thankfully, I am usually able to restrain myself. Maybe it's because it's filmed here in Wilmywood, that I keep watching. But I didn't watch Surface, at least not after the first episode or so. Really there's no excuse.

What's most entertaining about seeing Dan Scott (i.e. Paul Johansson) in Starbucks working on his laptop, however, is thinking about all the nutso crap I've seen him do on TV. He's mayor of Tree Hill. He shot his brother in cold blood. He abandoned his son Lucas for Lucas' whole life, and favored Nathan, his son born by a different mother about a year later. He was almost burned to death by his now-unhinged ex-wife Deb, when she drugged his drink and set his car dealership on fire. He's suffered a heart attack. He's threatened pretty much everyone he comes in contact with, he's suffered guilty delusions. He's also played nice to certain characters, supposedly experiencing a turnaround--but you're never sure, and usually it's a sham. Most of the time he's ridiculously, almost laughably, evil. Oh and he also used to be on 90210, as John Sears, Steve's frat brother who raped Kelly Taylor.

It's fantastic. And in person, he seems like the nicest guy. The kind of guy who would smile back at your baby. I heart star sightings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, there are NEVER any star sightings in Cleveland! NEVER! Okay, one time, Jim Thome came to the Aurora library, where I worked, to register to vote.

But unless you're a boy and/or from Cleveland, you probably don't even know who Jim Thome is. See? Lame!

mendacious said...

especially the stalker badboy types