Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Good Intentions

I was going to tell you how I was wrong about the Christmas Tree being pagan... well, if the internet is to be believed. Holly though, holly is right out a pagan fertility symbol. Needless to say i feel that i've clamped onto a bitter berry and it's ruining my whole mood- so when it aquieces i'll launch jovially into an explanation of symbols- or at the very least give you a link to both explanations of the winter solstice and christmas. And not only that, but tell you about an email confrontation I had with a perfect stranger, who thinks I'm posing as me, but as someone else. oh yes.

So to the true nature of this post: My boss (not B) (not the director), my new boss. My boss: is a dick. A total dick. On the line of spoiled child, meets whiner, fretter, crisis maker, child in an adults body- wanker. He said, "make it so 'competition' fits on one line." I said, "of course. i saw that and put the arrow." "Well then", he said, "Give it to me like it's suppose to be." What? sounds inocuous enough right? No. He proceeds to haughtally shove the paper away from him across the desk. In a huff. not only that but he uses the sharpie marker violently- instead of drawing something out he didn't like in one line- he used three right-slanted slashes across the sentence- as with each condemning me to incompetence.

if only, well if only i could be a smart ass and not get into a shouting match. he is not one of those witty retort types. but boy was he baiting me. oh to be paris, with no consequence.

3 comments:

Kurt said...

Paris, indeed.

SW said...

wow, i am surprised that kurt gets the paris reference. not that i know kurt, but any guy who gets the paris reference gets props, wouldn't you say?

and btw: great use of the paris reference...that's why i love to read your blogs...because i can pick up on these things.

penelope said...

do you think these people are dicks before they get hired for such a high-level, hoity-toity position, or do they become dicks after getting hired, because they feel they now have license or even obligation to be unkind to the "little people." or is it BECAUSE they were asses that they actually got hired. OR, were they supressing their asininity prior to getting the position, and now the beast is unleashed.

regardless, i don't like these people. they can take their sharpie markers and shove them.