Saturday, April 19, 2008

reality check

The latest in Reality TV, brought to you by penelope.

*SURVIVOR: This past Thursday night, Ozzlet's head officially became too big for his small stature, and he was rightly bamboozled by his tribe. He had the Hidden Immunity Idol in his backpack, and then in true James fashion, didn't play it. The newly formed faction of Cirie, Parvati, Alexis, Natalie, and Jason aimed to either level the playing field by putting the H.I.I. out of commission, or true bonus, send Ozzy packing, and the fool granted their big wish. Eliza's jaw nearly fell in fire, and Ozzy was pissed. At himself, and at the alliance member, note the singular, who betrayed him. And that therein is the beauty of Cirie's strategy. Parvati will totally take the fall, and if Cirie is lucky and the others continue to dumbly underestimate her, they'll keep her in the game. What no one seems to realize yet is that Cirie, while not the strongest physical contender, is the mastermind, pretty much orchestrating each of these vote-offs, and yet appearing to fly under the radar, just shuffling along with the crowd. She's brills, and my number one pick to win the mil.

*ANTM: Say what? I cannot believe they sent Stacy-Ann home, and kept Fatima! After the chickie not only didn't have her travel papers, but completely missed out on the photo shoot. I totally thought S.A. had more potential, Fatima's personality just seems a little flat to me. But whatevs, the ladies are off to Italy, and I predict Fatima will go home soon enough. Then Lauren. Then HOPEFULLY Dominique, because I totally cringe every time she opens her mouth to speak, not to mention the show's not called America's Next Top Drag Queen. So that leaves Whitney, Anya, and Katarzyna as the Final 3. That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.

*TOP CHEF: And again, say what? They eliminated Ryan?! Nikki so needs to go home. And even Mark seemed like he effed up way more than Ryan, whose main faux pas was that he went too big for the tailgate challenge. Granted, his five-course meal was a little ridiculous for the challenge's perameters, but it seemed like Nikki's food wasn't even that great, much less the fact that she had very little to even present to the judges. She'll go home soon, though, I predict. I see Richard, Antonia, Dale, and Stephanie at the top, though Jennifer is gaining ground. Antonia and Richard display the added advantage of knowing the game, apparently having studied up on previous seasons, like every player should have. They've been latching onto the catchphrases from each challenge and catering to those aims, generally with much success.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I totally agree with both the ANTM and Top Chef predictions-- and can I point out to you, because you're the only person that will agree with me, that Fatima REALLY looks like she has a five o'clock shadow? She's sort of Homer-esque, as a matter of fact.

Also, not that this has anything to do with anything, but my favorite Top Chef is Andrew, who is clearly tweaking out of his mind.

Andria said...

Well, we know Fatima does lack in the grooming department, so. .

I wish Lauren would step it up, because I thought she was so beautiful at the party! She looked like a TOTALLY different person and I still kind of like her.

I like Katarzynra, too and think she has a good "look" and it might be exotic enough the judges would feel comfortable with it.

I don't really get Anya still, but she definitely keeps "winning" these nuddie shots, what's up with that?

Still like Whitney, also, she can be grating at times. Good Top 3, though. Personally, I would like to switch out Lauren with either Anya or I suppose Whitney for the Top 3.