Monday, April 28, 2008

Good Morn,

hello blog nation.
it's monday and it's hot in the valley. after a day of frolicking i woke up late, still smelling of chlorine and did not comb my hair. i slathered on some baby oil with aloe (its awesome) and stumbled to work with my sausage muffin and diet coke. (tomorrow is oatmeal) thinking greatgod, what. where am i. then i apologized to myself profusely for going to walmart on saturday, even though they had cheap hair dye and swimmers earplugs. which i accidentally lost somewhere in that mass of store. it wasn't my fault at all since friend amber dragged me there. later i rededicated myself to corporate indifference. vowed to eat my carrot, do my french homework. think of things to do that make me look busy. maybe watch the baby ravens outside our 5thfl window. curl my toes up because it's cold in here and my forehead is hot. think how strange that cathy knew the guy who died from the shark bite. think, why are our veins so exposed and not deep deep down and impenetrable. maybe i'll go watch the office. look at my bank balance, todo lists. tonight, whatever, i'll eat a grilled steak and take the dogs for a walk. yes, these are my last days as 31. i'd better enjoy it. maybe work on my skirt, pick flowers, make my grand plans and purchase my spot on the great central american tour of my dreams.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it hot? I'm assuming so, since that's what our PA tells me. My office is still a refrigerator, and I'm contemplating putting on my fleece.

I woke up and really thought it was Sunday, but it was Monday, and that was depressing.

Are you in the new office yet?

Kurt said...

Check Exodus and Dragoman for your tour.

penelope said...

I suppose our commitment to capitalization has gone out the window, sigh. But a good post nonetheless. I like the way you capture your moment-to-momentness.

mendacious said...

Kurt- are these bloggers? I will check your site for links...

Pen- now now, we won't give up capitalization forever.

AA- uh it's totally hot!