Friday, April 18, 2008

Ah You Know,

I think I sorta really don't like my trainer. Wednesday, after he broke up with me, he called me and wanted to know where I was. Like I didn't even listen to the entire message so tired as I was from like our disastrous relationship so far. Hello!? you broke up with me! And I was in the middle of dinner where we were celebrating my dads 60th birthday. Where upon my friend Kerry and my dad started harassing each other about politics and Amber started making unkind remarks about Jesus. It was like I was at dinner with my older and younger sister (both Aries) and I just sat there and thought, oh jesus christ. Like alot. In between this my mom started telling stories about how there was a man who wanted to be rehired at her work. He wrote on his application that 2 of his sons couldn't be trusted and have amounted to nothing in life. I wonder when the age cut off is. Is it 30? I feel like it might be, but maybe it's 35. Any thoughts on this? I'm not sure. Anyway and then he started faxing 9page love letters to the HR woman named Nancy. Aw, sweet. STALKER! Anyway then inbetween bristling remarks about Obama not being a Christian and Jesus being equated with a magician who pulls bunnies out of a hat my mom interjected another story about a man at work who got to finally use his CPR training, since a guy in the jacuzzi was passed out but no one at the gym called 911 or knew how to help him. It just proves there's only like the 1 guy. Which is pretty true of life. Anyway Kerry kept looking at me to say something to Amber but I just shook my head and rolled my eyes and when Amber would look at me like, please make dad stop talking about Obama because we're both voting for Hilary I just sighed and asked dad and mom how sad it might be if we only vote for McCain- unless his VP is like, killer... so after I don't know how many- interruptions my mom finished each of her stories, the chocolate dipped fortune cookies and hot tea came out and then my dad went to go smoke. Of course he never came back. And then mom says, It's not like in the old days when he used to return to the table. What?! Well anyway. So then we leave and get fancy cupcakes for dessert and pile on candles and sing my dad Happy Birthday and then the next day I eat another cupcake, 2 cookies and a Tommy's Burger but decided I'd go to the gym anyway just to run into my "trainer"... who tried to blame me for everything then wondered what the point was if I only met him once a week. I'm like, listen jackhole- where upon he answered his phone twice! while I was sitting there- which just led me to wonder how on earth I can get rid of him for good. Though we're back on for our appt 2wks from now. And then I wonder when my mom started getting better at diversionary conversational tactics, or my dad started acting like a really old man, and how I suddenly have 2 sisters and a sugar addiction. It might be planetary though or a phase of the moon but I'm going to just chalk it up to weirdness and try and act as calmly and normally as possible this weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder you want a do-nothing weekend!

~sarah said...

seriously good stuff. wes anderson, here you come! : )

penelope said...

i don't think i could handle having a trainer. i picture him very smug.

Anonymous said...

Dear girls do not cry. I've left a comment.

ashley said...

I think having any man telling me how and when to get in shape and being confrontational when I'm not would make me want to punch someone - most likely said man.

p.s. I like the description "fancy cupcakes."

Anonymous said...

Yummy and pretty too! It is good that the location of the cupcake store is hidden from me.