Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Weird Fact Wednesday, by M

I will probably forget all about this next wednesday but nevertheless besides having to boycott chimps in entertainment (which because what happens is: they become attached to the human community, their handler, and then when they reach a mature age (about 8) they are put into a chimp community and have almost no human contact for the next 40 years and this of course is the best case scenario if they don't end up in a lab. this bums them out. I would tell you more but i don't want to bum you out. )

Did you know: Chimps can't swim. Or rather they don't swim very well. Their bodies are very dense and that is why a lot of enclosures will have moats which they can't cross.
Chimps are awesome! Google them and learn all about their awesomeness.
~

3 comments:

Kurt said...

Send the chimps to me. I love chimps!

mendacious said...

kurt, you're not an authorized chimp foundation. absolutely not. just imagine what they would do to "todd".

penelope said...

I do want to google chimps and all their awesomeness, but I have a pit in my stomach thinking about all the depressed chimps pining over their glory days from the confines of the chimp community.