Wednesday, April 30, 2008

La Tuna Canyon FireRoad Hike

Half way through the workday I resolved that I wouldn't go to french class but instead I would take my dogs for a hike before the sun set. I had that itching restless feeling that somehow my destiny had escaped me and I had to reclaim it. Probably because I finished Clarissa- which was truly an epically wonderful book to read. Sort of like watching 2 seasons of my favorite tv show in a marathon watch session- like the originator of Buffy or the very least Dracula, or that addage about angels and whores, the saint, the sinner. And whenever I wake up from some adventure, lately 1732, england, I feel the urge to validate my existence by some exploration. I realized as I walked down the steep incline of the hill that I'd taken my hills and my hiking roads for granted so busy was I to explore everything but my own backyard, but lately I've found all their mystery and wonder again- and how much they've been with me since I was skiing down the mountain at 4 or staring up at the moon on a creekbed at 16. How do we remember until it becomes us again.

5 comments:

Kurt said...

Looks wonderful. I wish I went places and did things.

penelope said...

Beautificent!

SW said...

oooooh pretty pictures...

ashley said...

These pictures are RAD. And mysterious. A perfect combination.

Aimee said...

A stranger congratulates you on finishing the Richardson.

I'm on the verge of finishing that literary epic myself.

Blog about what you thought of that lovely novel: prithee do!