Tuesday, April 1, 2008

ugh.

This is like, the worst week ever to have a yard sale, but I'm doing it anyway. I need to have this yard sale, and unload the ten tons of crap that I have accumulated in the shed and guest bedroom onto the buying public. The Rescue Mission will get the leftovers, which reminds me that I need to call them and arrange for a pick-up. It's all just so complicated, and I can already tell the day is going to be a nightmare on our end, between getting up at some ungodly hour, juggling the children and the setup, dealing with earlybirds and other neighborhood freaks. What if that lady came around to this yard sale too, omg. You can bet I'll blog about it. In the meantime, I am up to my eyeballs in assorted coffee mugs, can openers, coffee pots, clothes, curtains, VHS movies, books... price tags, signs, boxes... and a not-so-stellar weather forecast. Anyone know an anti-rain dance? Please advise. Because it has to be this weekend, our yard sale. The ad says so, the yard sale gods say so, I say so.

Dear Yard Sale Gods,

Please let the weather be dry, the set-up effort somewhat coordinated. Please let me step out of the house wearing something more presentable than pajamas and baby spit-up. Please let us rake the money in. Thanks forever.

Love,
Penelope

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will put my umbella out. That is usually what it takes to keep the rain away.

Anonymous said...

Umbrella may work too.

dennis said...

Dennis hopes you have good weather and make a lot of cash.