Tuesday, May 1, 2007

hi blog,

how's it going? me, i'm working or whatever?

I locked myself out of the house yesterday but left the window open. came home to find the .bot moored in the middle of the floor but failed to fix it... went to the ren faire, remembered what it was like to be desired, to want to be desired, watched the queen at court and washed the dust of my feet. going back on saturday. feeling young. feeling old. words like, you'll learn or you just have to, sting my adult sensibility. have some roving anxiety 12 days till 31, but unrelated to age, something forgotten, left off a list somewhere and undefined. recall that time in alaska when the expanse engulfed me in a desolate embrace. keep going to work, keep exercising, keep knocking things off the list, but can't seem to find what exactly it is, what i'm getting accomplished.

4 comments:

Kurt said...

I get sad thinking of the iRobot all alone stuck in the middle of the room. My old robot from Radio Shack would say "OK let's go!' when you turned him on, then "Whoops, excuse me!" when he bumped into something. But if he got stuck, he would stop and say "Where am I?" over and over. That was sad.

Kara said...

"keep knocking things off the list, but can't seem to find what exactly it is, what i'm getting accomplished."

my favorite line and a feeling all too familiar. well put.

Trey said...

Hi, mendacious!
Renfaire is fun and sad at the same time. I giggle and cry at the same time.

Cue said...

Well said, sister.