Tuesday, May 22, 2007

i dropped an iron on my neck

Today I dropped an iron on my neck. In an effort to minimize craziness while ironing with K.Lo around, I chose to use the pint-sized ironing board, balanced precariously on the back of the living room chair. This board would be a lot harder for her to knock over should we get in a battle about it, even if the ironing itself would be a little more annoying to manage. Instead of going around to the front side of the chair to plug in the iron, like any normal person would, I tried to plug in the iron while kneeling in back of the chair and fumbling blindly through the two inches of space between the chair and the wall. Of course one cannot really see the outlet from this vantage, particularly when one is holding up the iron on the precariously-balanced board with her other hand. Why the iron even needed to be high up on the board in the first place instead of on a more manageable plane such as, I don't know, the floor next to me, is another mystery entirely. Anyway, I couldn't find the outlet properly and became frustrated, I let go of the iron for a second, and it fell onto my spine. And it spilled all its water on me. Also, while ironing, to add injury to insult, I burned one of my knuckles. I hate having stupid brain.

4 comments:

mendacious said...

holy shit. 4 posts in one day. awesome.

~sarah said...

yeah. wow. 4 posts! and at least the iron fell on your neck unheated. that would've been so much worse!

ashley said...

ouch.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.
Is it ok if I say that you made me laugh? It calls to mind the time I stuck my leg out to catch the jar of mayonaise that I clerelty set on top of the fridge that then fell when I opened the door. Close fridge, open freezer, apply ice.