Saturday, May 12, 2007

Rock the Bodice


So the bodice: I got this bodice at a ren fair store on site called "Hearts Delight". You can find them online but it's not the best site ever. And you'll probably want to find one to try on first. Their bodices are made with flexible boning and you'll eventually maybe want to replace it with something stronger like steel- It's also fancily reversable, as most are. This one cost me $80. The rest of the outfit was bought on a wild creditcard expedition back in 1999 by the same clothier.... which i think cost me around $120. But you can get cheaper non-linen get ups too. And then build the outfit from there with a leather belt, a pouch, a flagon to drink from...

Early i tried to find one online. It's possible but the websites are all pretty janky but if you really want one they're out there. and don't call them corsets. they get angry.

And if you do get one, i demand pics!

5 comments:

ashley said...

Hmmm. I kind of want one of these. Attire for the job interview?

Trey said...

If you promise not to show it around, I'll send you a picture of me in gear from a past renfaire.

mendacious said...

yes- please email me at kdschu@hotmail.com

penelope said...

It really is fantastic. I admire your commitment to the ren faire.

hat said...

the flagon, the flagon... that's the thing I want! oh, and might the pouch be for... gold? gold that folks will fling my way when i wear such a bodice...