Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Retroactive Breakup

So, due to the many curses of myspace i found out that the show i worked on before the NBSC was getting ready to premiere. I thought, the hell?! Curiously i never received a call about the show starting back up and had always thought i'd receive one in june. With the job I'd honestly forgotten about it until the fated moment i clicked on my homepage and saw the bullitien announcement. I called a friend i worked with and she told me she didn't know until she'd gotten there but she and another guy who i know, felt so bad about it, they didn't want to tell me. Apparently that story asst, whom i gather is probably shagging the producer, got her friend hired over me. which you know, really bums me the fuck out. i know i shouldn't feel bad about it bcs i love the job i've got now, but come on! it's just LAME. and those smiling waving faces, that are lying and saying, we'll give you a call! we promise! you were great! we love you! are just you know disappointingly human and disloyal. and no harm no foul... right? i have another gig, a better, nirvana inspiring one. but even after all... it still smarts, ouch. retroactive rejection blows.

5 comments:

Kurt said...

"We'll call you" means "We won't call you." It's just like those people who come to your blog once and leave a comment saying "I'm definitely coming back again!" That means they're never coming back again.

penelope said...

Rat bastards. How dare they not love you.

ashley said...

I just got a letter from my landlord saying she's only sending half the deposit back because the kitchen was "a mess." I feel somehow like I've been scolded for my bad housekeeping retroactively.

But back to your situation. It's interesting how even the things we do not want can make us feel rejected.

mendacious said...

i know right. though perhaps it was the ghost making a mess. like a fairwell party?

Anonymous said...

Augh!
It's like Charlie Brown never getting any valentines, when clearly he is the nicest kid in the neighborhood.

Ya want I go get a friend to rough them up... I know people.