Tuesday, May 8, 2007

updates

Location: home again, after a whirlwind trip to DC and MD. Visited the Smithsonian, saw among other things Abe Lincoln's hat from the day he was shot, Kermit the Frog from 1970, an outfit that George Washington wore, and Dorothy's ruby red slippers, all live and in person, even if behind glass. Also many space exhibits and the Hope Diamond, for a nanosecond. Saw the Washington Monument, the Capitol Building, and the White House for the first time ever. Bought Bug some animals. Decided we must venture back for more than a few hours, definitely a few days. Want to see the zoo, and the monuments in further detail, as well as the museums, and go on on the boat-mobile that drives directly into the river. Sunday, a lovely visit with fam, held a sweet little new baby. Monday, a trip to IKEA!, hours and hours on the road and then HOME. Pizza. Sleep.

[caption: OMG, it's Carrie Bradshaw's computer, Seinfeld's Puffy Shirt, and Mr. Rogers' sweater! Glorious artifacts from my 80s, 90s, and 00s TV experiences, all in one case!]

Bug: precocious. Give the child a few bites of brownie and if she decides that's not enough, she's off to the kitchen, stretching and waving and whining up at the brownie container on the shelf. Sheesh! Also though, a good traveler. Couldn't be more pleased.

Headaches: went away, but now returned. Pondering fall travel, very pregnant travel, to up North. Plane, train, automobile? Money, rental cars, and gasoline. It's all too much.


Trips: another this week, back to RDU, to celebrate an MSW graduation--go Sebs, woohoo!

IKEA: I'm all over the catalog.

Floors: freshly vacuumed.

Suitcase, bags: all unpacked.

TV: lots to see this week, but then soon all the good stuff will be over, no?

Miffed: Missed the Australia's Next Top Model Marathon on VH1 this past Sunday.

Dustin Diamond on CFC: like a traffic accident. A rude, loud-mouthed, un-self-aware traffic accident.

Amazing Race conflusion: eh.

Brain cells: fizzling.

Green: not so much?

Scale: lies.

Smooth Move of the Weekend: forgetting camera not only in DC, but also for Sunday family gathering. Nearly murdered by J.Lo.

Emails, blog posts/comments (by me): soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My scale at home lies, but that scale at Glen Meade is an even bigger liar. I'm closing my eyes from now on. No good can come from that kind of misleading information.

penelope said...

The scale at Glen Meade is evil and should be beaten in a field with a baseball bat. I tell myself to close my eyes and then I compulsively keep them open. I bet that scale will tell me I'm at least 4 pounds heavier tomorrow than I was today at home.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous you were so close to Mr. Rogers' sweater.

(I'm a big fan, okay?)

penelope said...

I know! I thought of you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Pen.

Sorry for the comment abuse, but have you ever seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a41lJIhW7fA

Anonymous said...

Butterfingers. Sorry, here's the hyperlink again:


Mr. Rogers goes to Washington

ashley said...

I'm sooo jealous that you saw Carrie's laptop! I haven't been to the Smithsonian in a few years, but it's impossible to see it all. I can't believe I missed the Mac!